Monday, August 05, 2013

Wedding preparations have started



I went to DC for 4 days towards the end of July and got to go wedding dress shopping with Leslie.
I didn't cry, but did get misty eyed when she walked out wearing the first dress.    I have to say I have a beautiful daughter.    We went to three different bridal salons and she found the perfect dress at the first stop.   Alfred Angelo, it was probably the 7th dress she tried on and kept going back to that one at each shop.     Since the wedding isn't until May 4, 2014 I still had to come home and start making layouts.
So this layout is pictures I took of her with the dress she bought.    She loved it as is, but then they added the jeweled sash and it was even better and then topped it off with the veil, and viola we have a beautiful bride.      I used week 3 sketch at Let's Get Sketchy, but unfortunately I was a day late in getting it finished and didn't get it entered in time.   But still loved the sketch.



Then just this last weekend I had to keep making more "pre-wedding" layouts.    The top one shows the dress we got in the big picture and then every small picture are dresses she tried on and didn't like for one reason or another.       I can honestly say Leslie looked  great in every dress so made it hard for me to pick a favorite, but I could tell her favorite just by the smile and look in her eyes and I agreed with her 100%
These last two layout I made for challenges in the yahoo group I belong to   Scrappin-n-chattin.
The top one was a sketch and paper collection picked for me by my partner for a 24 hour challenge.
The collection is MME Indie Chic.      The the double page layout is for one of the August challenges to  mat the pictures in the layout 4 times.

4 comments:

April said...

These are all amazing Barbara!

Ruth G said...

Wonderful! I'm so glad for you that you were there to help your daughter with this search and that you got lots of pictures to document the process. What a fabulous gift your LOs will be for her! Thanks so much for sharing!

Lori said...

I love all of these layouts, Barbara! These will be so much fun to look back on years from now and see all the different dresses she tried on.

Debbie P said...

Oh my goodness, these are gorgeous! Fantastic job using the Let's Get Sketchy sketch! This is some of your best work for sure!