Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Before & After


I'm going to enter this layout in two challenges.    I had no idea Mylan's hair had gotten this long till Susan sent me this picture the other day when she got it cut.   I thought it was so great to have the before and after picture and printed it immediately so I could scrap it.

I found the perfect sketch to use with the Let's Get Sketchy - Week 3 sketch.   It just happens to be my favorite weekly go to place for sketches.     And I happen to be the Spotlighted there for August.    Yeah me.    :)       You can find the latest sketch at Let's Get Sketchy  here.

  http://letsgetsketchy.blogspot.com/2013/08/augustweek-3-sketch-challenge-at-lgs.html

Next the latest challenge at Whimsical Twist where the challenge is to share your favorite layout about a favorite thing or person.
This became my favorite for many reasons.   Because of the picture like I said above and of course my favorite Granddaughter and then because, I was brave enough to mix so many colors and patterns.   Then mostly because I used all scraps but my background paper.  
I've been trying to pull out paper collections at random and just using them, no questions asked.   This was an old collection.  Basic Grey - Lauderdale and I really didn't have that much left of it, but a lot of scraps of various sizes.  Even the matting behind the picture was cardstock scraps.  So I made it work and was very happy with the result.   Here is the link for Whimsical Twist.

http://whimsicaltwist.com/blog/uncategorized/favorites/#comments

16 comments:

Brenshevia said...

Another great page Barbara, thanks for joining us at LGS!

Debbie P said...

Ahhh, look at that lovely hair! Love your pattern choices! Thanks for joining us this week at Let's Get Sketchy!

Tone-Lill said...

This is a fantastic way to scrap those photos, before and after. Love the fantasic papers you have used to create this gorgeous page. Thank you for playing along with our sketch over at Let's Get Sketchy

LisaM said...

Love the before and after pics Barbara! Wonderful layout!
Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Get Sketchy!

Amanda Johnson said...

My youngest daughter just recently got 8 inches cut off her hair! Its crazy how fast their hair grows at that age! :)What a great layout! Love all your paper choices! Thanks for joining is at Whimsical Twist! :)

Sandi said...

What a great couple of pictures to scrap Barbara! Love the mixy-matchy layout....you did an awesome job coordinating everything. Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Twist for our favorites challenge.

Buffy Burnside said...

Oh I love before and after pictures....great page! Thank you for joining us at Lets Get Sketchy!

Unknown said...

That's quite the hair cut! Lovely job with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with LGS this week!

wendipooh13 said...

I always love before and after!!! great pics!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Let's Get Sketchy!!!!

Beeceecreativity said...

fabulous before and after photos.. great take on the LGS sketch

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Love how those photos pop against the patterned papers! Great take on the sketch!:)

Carla said...

Great job - love the plaid! Thanks for joining in this week's sketch challenge at Let's Get SketchY!

Kimmie said...

Fabulous layout! I bet your granddaughter looks so different with that much hair cut off. Thank you for joining us at Whimsical Twist!

Lynn said...

I love the Before and After photos and how you used the sketch! Awesome work! Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

Stacia Brandt said...

great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing at Let's Get Sketchy!!

Stacey said...

Great page! Love the colors. Thanks for playing at LGS!