Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Swim


I love it when a layout idea goes together well.   I searched and searched for this water paper knowing that I had a single piece left and FINALLY I found it.    I think it pops behind the picture and just the right touch to the layout.   I used Week 4 at LET'S GET SKETCHY.    I actually got all 4 weeks of completed this month.   I try every month but usually miss one.   Plus since I was the August Spotlight this month I wanted to make sure and make them all.   I do admit this sketch by Bev threw me a bit, bit I ended up making it work,  I just used two pictures instead of one that the sketch showed.

I didn't feel like getting my cricut going, well actually didn't want to clean the desk where it is, so looked in my Misc. embellie stash for a banner I could trace and just cut out.   So I found some chipboard ones and was going to trace and cut in different papers and them remembered that FROSTED DESIGNS, has a challenge going this week to use Chipboard,  so I looked and I had 5 pieces of chipboard banner and used 4 of them for background of my tittle.   Then I used some glittery Thicker Chipboard letters on the title and then kept looking in my stash and from another package found this chipboard journal box and it was the right colors and used it for my journaling.

Love it when everything comes together and I mixed and matched so many different collections and such.

11 comments:

Chelsea said...

That water paper is so great! I love how you did the title on the banner! Congrats on being our spotlight!!

Laurie said...

really great layout, love the colors and how well they go witht he photo, thanks for joining us at lgs!!

Unknown said...

Great layout!! That pool looks so fun!!! The banner is super cute too! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs for our chipboard challenge.

Check back soon to find out what our secret is!!!

Debbie P said...

Awesome job Barbara! I really love your take on the sketch! Your photos look so refreshing and fun! Thanks so much for being such a loyal LGS player and congrats on being our Spotlighted artist!

Unknown said...

Fantastic themed page and super take on the sketch! Thanks for linking up with LGS!

Carol Peixoto said...

I love your products choice! Your layout looks awesome with that water paper! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

jenessa said...

Cute banner. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

Buffy Burnside said...

Cute page, thank you for joining us at Lets Get Sketchy!

Brenshevia said...

Great take on the sketch, thanks for joining us at LGS!

Ashley Horton said...

Love the title on your banner! Thanks for playing along with us @ LGS!

Jacqui said...

Cute banner, thanks for playing along with us at LGS!