Saturday, August 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Kai



Kai's birthday was last month and this bad Grandma is just getting around to scrapping some of the pictures I got.    I loved sketch #43 at My Scraps and More blog and new it would be perfect for these 2 pictures of Kai out with his Dad picking out his new bike for his present.    When I first picked the papers to use I thought I would cut down the background paper I used from the K&Co Confetti pad and put it on a solid cardstock.   But I really liked what looked like yellow inking around the edges so I just pulled some dark green cardstock from my scrap stash and cut thin pieces and made a frame inside the background paper.   Then used the same cardstock to mat the pictures.   I used some scraps I had from another piece of the Confetti collection to fill my opposite two squares.    For my title I had a 6x6 piece of paper that was covered in Happy Birthday in different fonts and just picked this one and cut it out and then matted on the same card stock and used popdots on it to give it a little dimension.

No comments: